Theatre Development Fund and Theatre Bay Area hosted a series of six roundtable discussions intended to uncover the best new thinking and practices around what most effectively links audiences, generative artists and the theaters who produce them livestreamed on the global, commons-based peer-produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv. The sixth of six discussions was in Los Angeles on Monday 10 March at 11 a.m. PST (San Francisco) / 1 p.m. CST (Chicago) / 2 p.m. EST (New York City).
Theatremakers around the country are experimenting with new ways to connect audiences with generative artists and their work. Through their project, Triple Play—funded by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation—TDF and TBA are examining all sides of this crucial triangular relationship. They have surveyed playwrights, theatre leaders, and audiences and will share their findings at these live and guaranteed lively conversations in each of six cities. They are inviting theatre companies, large and small, artistic and marketing leadership, playwrights, funders, and committed audience members to share what's working to excite interest in new work.
Here’s when you can tune in to watch live on HowlRound TV. The events will last approximately two hours.
- Archive of Thursday, February 6 at 11 a.m. PST / 1 p.m. CST / 2 p.m. EST at Woolly Mammoth Theatre in Washington, D.C.
- Archive of Thursday, February 13 at 2 p.m. PST / 4 p.m. CST / 5 p.m. EST at The Aurora Theatre in Berkeley, CA. @TheatreBayArea
- Archive of Wednesday, February 26 at 11 a.m. PST / 1 p.m. CST / 2 p.m. EST at Theatre Development Fund in New York, NY. @TDFNYC
- Archive of Thursday, March 6 in Chicago, IL at 12 p.m. PST / 2 p.m. CST / 3 p.m. EST
- Archive of Friday, March 7 in Minneapolis, MN at 12 p.m. PST / 2 p.m. CST / 3 p.m. EST
- Monday, March 10 in Los Angeles, CA at 2 p.m. PDT / 4 p.m. CDT / 5 p.m. EDT
HowlRound TV is a global, commons-based peer produced, open access livestreaming and video archive project stewarded by HowlRound, a knowledge commons by and for the theatre, arts, and cultural community. The channel is at howlround.tv and is a free and shared resource for live events and performances relevant to the world's live arts fields. Its mission is to break geographic isolation, promote resource sharing, and to develop our knowledge commons collectively. Follow and use hashtag #howlround in Twitter to participate in a community of peers revolutionizing the flow of information, knowledge, and access in our field. Our community uses the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). You can become a producer and co-produce with us. Learn more by going to our participate page. For any other queries, contact @HowlRound on Twitter, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Vijay Mathew at +1 917.686.3185 Signal/WhatsApp. View the video archive of past events.