Work on the New Play Map version 4 has kicked off! And we want you to help us. Seriously. We have completed the first of five “sprints” with the web development cooperative Quilted using Agile software development methodology. We'll be reporting our progress here as it happens—so keep an eye out for regular posts. If you want to get into the weeds with us—and we really hope that you do—track our every move on Pivotal Tracker which shows you the moment-by-moment queue of tasks known as development "stories."
Give us feedback as we release new features every week. Chat with us on Twitter @NewPlayMap or by writing "#NewPlay Map" in your tweets. Tell us what you want, what's working, and what's not working. If you're not on Twitter, email us your thoughts, ideas, complaints to newplaymap (at) howlround (dot) com. Here's a list of newly completed "stories" or released features from the end of this first sprint—as of Friday, Sept. 21. Let us know what you think:
- As a user, I want play profiles to show related events, so that I know when and where the play has shown.
- As a user, I want organization's profiles to show related events (that the organization has produced, presented, or developed) so that...
- As a user, I want artist profiles to show related events so that I know when and where the plays the artist has written have been shown.
- As a user, I want the organizational profiles to show related artists, so that I can see all the playwrights an organization has supported.
- As a user, I want the play profiles to show related organizations (that have produced, presented, or developed the play) so that...
Click here to see the New Play Map.