Once we made the choice to produce our plays not to recoup an investment but to recoup some corner of the universe for our understanding and enlargement, we entered the same world as the university, the museum, the church and became, like them, an instrument of civilization.
Support the Culture of the Commons
By contributing, you help HowlRound continue to engage more than 350,000 annual users through our online platform and in person gatherings. HowlRound has five full-time staff who serve an average of 45,000 people per month through continually stewarding and improving our tools:
- an online journal HowlRound
- a livestreaming television network HowlRound TV
- a user generated directory of the global theatre community, The World Theatre Map
- in person convenings that discuss the field's most pressing issues
How is this possible?
The theatre community contributes knowledge, energy, and passion as content (in the form of an article for the journal, a blog post, a request that an event be livestreamed on HowlRound TV, etc.). HowlRound invests in and designs open source content delivery systems to share that knowledge with anyone interested, at no cost, with no barriers to access.
Your Donation by the Numbers:
- $50 pays for an artist to write a blog post.
- $100 pays for an artist to write a NewCrit review.
- $150 pays for an artist to write an essay.
- $250 pays for an artist to write one essay and curate a week-long series on a topic or region they are passionate about.
- $750 pays for one person to attend a convening.
- $5,000 pays for one year of HowlRound TV.
HowlRound is a 501(3)(c) not-for-profit organization, fiscally supported by foundation and government grants, and Emerson College. Your donation is tax-deductible. Want your donation to support the Latinx Theatre Commons? Add the note "LTC" to your PayPal donation. Write "LTC" on the memo line of your check.
Other Ways to Give
- Mail in a check: Please make your check payable to Emerson College and mail to HowlRound, Attn: Jamie Gahlon, Office of the Arts, Emerson College, 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116.
Fiscal Year 2018 Individual Donors (July 1, 2017 - present):
Adam Ward, Ann Armstrong, Anthony Clarvoe, Barbara Schaffer Bacon, Colin K. Bills & Rachel Grossman, Courtney Davis, Diane Ragsdale,Elyzabeth Wilder, Laura Lane, Laurie McCants, Margot Knight, Mary D'Amico, Mary Madge Darlington, Matthew Glassman, Nick Slie, Olga Garay, Padraic Lillis, Tureka Turk
Adriana Gallardo, Amelia Powell, Annette Ramos, Anthony Rodriguez, Brian Herrera, Chantal Rodriguez, Cynthia DeCure, Daniel Jaquez, Elizabeth Portes, Estefania Fadul, Fourth Wall Productions, Gina Sandi Diaz, Hugo Alvarado, Jennifer Le Blanc, Juliette Carrillo, Laura Riveros Sefair, Marga Gomez, Maria Amon, Maria Enriquez, Marie-Reine Velez, Marissa Chibas Preston, Nathanael Johnson, Olga Sanchez Saltveit, Rebecca Martinez, Samuel Woodhouse, Sarah Guerra, Beto O'Byrne, Trevor Boffone, Viviana Vargas, Walter Bilderback
HowlRound's work is also made possible with generous support from:
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- The Barr Foundation
- The Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
- The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
Fiscal Year 2017 Individual Donors (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017):
Ann Armstrong, Anthony Clarvoe, Barbara Schaffer Bacon, Bonnie Metzgar, Charissa Menefee, Corey Eskew, Courtney Davis, David Dower, Diane Ragsdale, Elyzabeth Wilder, Jamie Bennett, Jenifer Jaisey Simard, Jonathan McCrory, Joy Strimple, Laura Lane, Laurie McCants, Lynn Nottage, Margot Knight, Mary D'Amico, Mary Madge Darlington, Matthew Glassman, Melanie Dreyer-Lude, Nick Slie, Olga Garay, Padraic Lillis, Rachel Grossman, Tureka Turk
Brian Herrera, Maria Amon, Marissa Chibas Preston, Oscar Franco, Rebecca Martinez, Trevor Boffone, Viviana Vargas