Once we made the choice to produce our plays not to recoup an investment but to recoup some corner of the universe for our understanding and enlargement, we entered the same world as the university, the museum, the church and became, like them, an instrument of civilization.
Support the Culture of the Commons
By contributing, you help HowlRound continue to engage more than 350,000 annual users through our online platform and in person gatherings. HowlRound has four full-time staff who serve an average of 45,000 people per month through continually stewarding and improving our tools:
- an online journal HowlRound
- a livestreaming television network HowlRound TV
- a user generated directory of the global theatre community, The World Theatre Map
- in person convenings that discuss the field's most pressing issues
How is this possible?
The theatre community contributes knowledge, energy, and passion as content (in the form of an article for the journal, a blog post, a request that an event be livestreamed on HowlRound TV, etc.). HowlRound invests in and designs open source content delivery systems to share that knowledge with anyone interested, at no cost, with no barriers to access.
Your Donation by the Numbers:
- $50 pays for an artist to write a blog post.
- $100 pays for an artist to write a NewCrit review.
- $150 pays for an artist to write an essay.
- $250 pays for an artist to write one essay and curate a week-long series on a topic or region they are passionate about.
- $750 pays for one person to attend a convening.
- $5,000 pays for one year of HowlRound TV.
HowlRound is a 501(3)(c) not-for-profit organization, fiscally supported by foundation and government grants, and Emerson College. Your donation is tax-deductible. Want your donation to support the Latinx Theatre Commons? Add the note "LTC" to your PayPal donation. Write "LTC" on the memo line of your check.
Other Ways to Give
- Mail in a check: Please make your check payable to Emerson College and mail to HowlRound, Attn: Jamie Gahlon, Office of the Arts, Emerson College, 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116.
Fiscal Year 2016 Individual Donors (July 1, 2015 - present):
Ann Armstrong, Megan Bailon, Jamie Bennett, Courtney Davis, Matthew Glassman, Brian Herrera, Barbara Schaffer-Bacon, Margaret Taintor, Trevor Boffone, Sara Bookin-Weiner, Rose Cano, Marissa Chibas Preston, Anthony Clarvoe, Vibrina Coronado, Mary D’Amico, David Dower, Melanie Dreyer-Lude, Chad Eschman, Georgina Escobar, Olga Garay, Nancy Garcia, Tony Garcia, Rachel Grossman, Jennifer Hines, Jorge Huerta, Daniel Jáquez, Margot Knight, Fran Kumin, Laura Lane, Padraic Lillis, Murray Lynch Playmarket, Mary Madge Darlington, Teres Marrero, Rebecca Martinez, Laurie McCants, Jonathan McCrory, Timothy McDonough, Bonnie Metzgar, Rob Milburn & Amy Morton, Chiori Miyagawa, Lynn Nottage, Judith Pratt, Diane Ragdsale, Anthony Rodriguez, Chantal Rodriguez, Nicholas Slie, Julia Stone, Joy Strimple, Tureka Turk, Elyzabeth Wilder, Benjamin Yalom, Jeff Zinn.
HowlRound's work is also made possible with generous support from:
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- The Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
- The Ford Foundation
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- The Joyce Foundation
- The National Association of Latino Arts and Culture (NALAC)
- The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
Fiscal Year 2015 Individual Donors (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015):
AJ Allegra, Nikomeh Anderson, Barbara Schaffer Bacon, Charles Baker, Cynthia Bargar, Jamie Bennett, Trevor Boffone, Jennifer Calienes, Juliette Carrillo, Catherine Castellani, Anthony Clarvoe, Mary D'Amico, Stuart D'Ver, Mary Madge Darlington, Courtney Davis, David Dower, Melanie Dreyer-Lude, Julie Fairchild, Bradford Forehand, Matthew Freeman, Dan Gahlon, Olga Garay, Patricia Garza, Madeleine George, Matthew Glassman, Rachel Grossman, Jeffreen Hayes, Michelle Hensley, Brian Herrera, Cory Hinkle, Cynthia Huffman, Daniel Jaquez, Edward Kaahea, Josh Kashinsky, Martha Jane Kaufman, Henry Kimmel, Margot Knight, Geoffrey Kronik, Laura Lane, Padraic Lillis, Beth Mackey, Laurie McCants, Jonathan McCrory, Joy Meads, Bonnie Metzgar, Matt Olson, Murray Playmarket, John Porter, Marissa Chibas Preston, Diane Ragsdale, Susan Remes, Peter Roberts, KenYatta Rogers, Michael Rohd, Nicholas Slie, James Still, Julia Stone, Margaret Taintor, Marlene Tobias, Anne Towns, Mark Valdez, Clyde Valentin, Jose Luis Valenzuela, Elena Vannoni, Ivan Vega, Adam Versenyi, Jaan Whitehead, Lisa Wilde, Elyzabeth Wilder, Benjamin Yalom, Marcus Youssef, Jeff Zinn.