Now Hiring - Fellow
Are you passionate and curious about theatre? Are you a theatremaker and/or marketing-communications professional who is looking to start your career with hands-on experience in a creative environment, with multi-faceted responsibilities? You might be a great fit for the HowlRound team!
The next HowlRound Fellow is a quick learner and deep thinker who is willing to experiment and take risks. They will report directly to our Communications Manager, work closely in collaboration with the other members of the staff in our Boston office, and regularly communicate with journal authors, livestream producers, Latinx Theatre Commons members, among others. Duties may shift and evolve, but the Fellow can expect to spend the majority of their time working with the Communications Manager and supervising student workers. The next HowlRound fellow is organized, self-motivated, and flexible; candidates with experience (or interest!) in social media management and digital marketing are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Assist with HowlRound Communications strategy, including social media, PR, digital marketing, analytics, email outreach
- Maintain detailed account records for digital ad spend
- Participate in editorial meetings, team check in, OA all staff meetings and working groups, maintain notes and support note taking
- Provide logistical support for convenings and events
- Hire and supervise student workers in publishing and social media
- Maintain website static pages and archived livestream events
- Maintain HowlRound archived media
- Support online publication of journal articles, podcast transcripts, and podcast files
- Maintain and update documents to support Communications and Editorial strategy
This is a full-time, hourly paid position with a full benefits package. While some of this position may be completed remotely (guidance for Fall 2021 is forthcoming) it is a Boston based job and the expectation is that you are available in Boston as of the start date of the job. It’s a one-year contract, renewable for a second year upon mutual agreement. Click here to read the full job description and apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and interviews will begin in July 2021. We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, including candidates of color, LBGTQ+ candidates, and women, to apply!
Project management and organizational skills
Proficiency with Google Drive
Proficiency with social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Excellent written communication skills
Previous knowledge of and engagement with HowlRound
Knowledge of the contemporary international theatre landscape
Knowledge of the contemporary American theatre landscape
Experience with social media content marketing
Proficiency with Mailchimp
Proficiency with Drupal