Project HAND UP in Nairobi presented Master Classes on Puppetry Skills and Industry Application livestreamed on the global, commons-based peer-produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv Saturday 18 February and Sunday 19 February.
9:30 a.m. EAT - 12:30 p.m EAT (Nairobi) / 6:30 a.m. GMT - 9:30 a.m GMT (London) / 1:30 a.m. EST - 4:30 a.m. EST (New York) / Friday, February 17 at 10:30 p.m. PST - 1:30 a.m. PST (Los Angeles)
3 p.m. EAT - 5 p.m. EAT (Nairobi) / 12 p.m. GMT - 2 p.m. GMT (London) / 7 a.m. EST - 9 a.m. EST (New York) / 4 a.m. PST - 6 a.m. PST (Los Angeles)
Professional puppeteers from The US and Kenya will be leading the training.
1. Learn how to manipulate puppets for use in live performances, classrooms, community education outreach, and television.
2. Receive ten hours of hands-on intensive instructions and six hours of group activities.
3. The training also includes live lectures on health education, comedy, and script writing.
- The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International and Rotary club of Desoto
- Rotary Club of Nairobi
- Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI),
- Project HAND UP.
- Kenya Institute of Puppet Theatre. (KIPT)
Jose Njuki – Imwe Ngunjiri
Lawrence Macharia - Comedy classes
Lilian Mbale – (LVCT) HIV/Aids lecture
About HowlRound TV
HowlRound TV is a global, commons-based peer produced, open access livestreaming and video archive project stewarded by HowlRound, a knowledge commons by and for the theatre, arts, and cultural community. The channel is at howlround.tv and is a free and shared resource for live events and performances relevant to the world's live arts fields. Its mission is to break geographic isolation, promote resource sharing, and to develop our knowledge commons collectively. Follow and use hashtag #howlround in Twitter to participate in a community of peers revolutionizing the flow of information, knowledge, and access in our field. Our community uses the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). You can become a producer and co-produce with us. Learn more by going to our participate page. For any other queries, contact @HowlRound on Twitter, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Vijay Mathew at +1 917.686.3185 Signal/WhatsApp. View the video archive of past events.