Livestreamed on this page on Wednesday 10 June 2020 at 11 a.m. HST (Honolulu, UTC-10) / 1 p.m. AKDT (Juneau, UTC-8) / 2 p.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC-7) / 4 p.m. CDT (Chicago, UTC-5) / 5 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC-4) / 22:00 BST (London, UTC+1) / 23:00 CEST (Berlin, UTC+2).
Suzan-Lori Parks' Watch Me Work on Wednesday 10 June 2020
A digital playwriting masterclass
The Public Theater presented Watch Me Work livestreamed on the global, commons-based, peer produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv on Wednesday 10 June 2020 at 11 a.m. HST (Honolulu, UTC-10) / 1 p.m. AKDT (Juneau, UTC-8) / 2 p.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC-7) / 4 p.m. CDT (Chicago, UTC-5) / 5 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC-4) / 22:00 BST (London, UTC+1) / 23:00 CEST (Berlin, UTC+2).
Watch Me Work is a performance piece, a meditation on the artistic process, and an actual work session, featuring Parks working on her newest writing project. Traditionally hosted on the mezzanine of The Public Theater Lobby, this version brings the program to your home via Zoom sessions and HowlRound livestreams.
The audience is invited to come and watch Parks work, share the space, and get some of their own writing work done. During the last forty minutes of the performance, Parks will answer any questions the online Zoom audience and online social audience might have regarding their own work and their own creative process.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A WATCH ME WORK CLASS
Each class will be one hour. During the first 20 minutes Suzan-Lori and students will work on their own writing. During the final 40 minutes of class, Suzan-Lori Parks will answer questions from students about being a writer and the writing process. Please note: due to the nature of the class, Suzan-Lori Parks will focus on answering questions about being a writer and the writing process during the questions portion and will not be offering critiques on any written work.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. JOIN THE ZOOM SESSION: If you want to attend the class Zoom session please RSVP via the Google Forms below for the date that you want to participate. Sign up by 1 p.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC-7) / 3 p.m. CDT (Chicago, UTC-5) / 4 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC-4) each day and you will be sent a link within half an hour of the start time to log in to the class at at 2 p.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC-7) / 4 p.m. CDT (Chicago, UTC-5) / 5 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC-4)*.
- Monday, June 8, 2020: https://forms.gle/sM3j4kiBFVmcochW9
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020: https://forms.gle/mRqar7RWdhdpHgGn7
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020: https://forms.gle/DCx9mF88s3PVjmT86
- Thursday, June 11, 2020: https://forms.gle/29EJBzyk4rJAVu2UA
- Monday, June 15, 2020: https://forms.gle/2Uo4aCAeKn9UUqJv7
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020: https://forms.gle/uhHrNj39KUpJkjtP9
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020: https://forms.gle/d1peNZ1QSFxEnDaw8
- Thursday, June 18, 2020: https://forms.gle/2nr6uZc4FFJYNR7r6
2. WATCH ONLINE: You can watch the class by logging onto howlround.tv at class time and watch the livestream of the Zoom class. No need to RSVP - just show up!
If you're watching online, send your questions to Suzan-Lori Parks via Twitter @publictheaterny using the hashtag #WatchMeWorkSLP.
*Please note: Joining the Zoom session means that we will be able to see your face and hear your voice in the zoom conversation and in the live stream. Space in the Zoom class is limited and subject to availability.
About HowlRound TV
HowlRound TV is a global, commons-based peer produced, open access livestreaming and video archive project stewarded by the nonprofit HowlRound. HowlRound TV is a free and shared resource for live conversations and performances relevant to the world's performing arts and cultural fields. Its mission is to break geographic isolation, promote resource sharing, and to develop our knowledge commons collectively. Participate in a community of peer organizations revolutionizing the flow of information, knowledge, and access in our field by becoming a producer and co-producing with us. Learn more by going to our participate page. For any other queries, email email@example.com, or call Vijay Mathew at +1 917.686.3185 Signal/WhatsApp. View the video archive of past events.