The HowlRound Theatre Commons Advisory Council serves as peer governance, strategic advisors, and community ambassadors for HowlRound. The current Advisory Council will serve through June 2022, with the possibility of renewal for an additional two-year term. Click on any person's name to view their full biography and HowlRound contributions to date.
The Advisory Council collaborates with the HowlRound Theatre Commons team to offer expertise and knowledge, diverse perspectives, and thought partnership around theatre and commoning.
- Claudia Alick, Executive Producer, Calling Up (Oakland, California, United States)
- Zenkő Bogdán, Producer, Curator; Co-Founder, Universal Pleasure Factory; PhD Candidate, Babes-Bolyai University's Theater and Film Faculty (Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
- Lizzy Cooper Davis, Assistant Professor, Emerson College (Boston, Massachusetts, United States)
- David Dower, Executive Producer, The 7 Fingers US/Club Fugazi (San Francisco, California, United States)
- Matthew Glassman, Co-Artistic Director, Double Edge Theatre (Ashfield, Massachusetts, United States)
- Derek Goldman, Co-Director, Laboratory for Global Performance and Politics, Georgetown University (Washington, DC, United States)
- Jonathan McCrory, Artistic Director, National Black Theatre (New York, New York, United States)
- Porsche McGovern, Designer (Greenwich, Connecticut, United States)
- Bonnie Metzgar, Playwright, Director, Dramaturg, Producer (Chicago, Illinois, United States)
- Ralph Peña, Artistic Director, Ma-Yi Theater Company (New York, New York, United States)
- Diane Ragsdale, The Banff Centre for Arts & Creativity; The New School (Utrecht, the Netherlands)
- Vera Starbard, Playwright-in-Residence, Perserverance Theatre (Anchorage, Alaska, United States)
- Clyde Valentín, Director, Ignite/Arts Dallas, Meadows School of the Arts, Southern Methodist University (Dallas, Texas, United States)
- Regina Victor, Multidisciplinary Artist; Founder, Rescripted (Chicago, Illinois, United States)
- Alexandria Wailes, Theatremaker/Performer (New York, New York, United States)
- Adrienne Wong, Artistic Director, SpiderWebShow Performance (Banff, Alberta, Canada)
HowlRound has been made what it is thanks to the astute contributions of many colleagues and friends, including those who served on our National Advisory Council from 2012-2017. We offer gratitude to: Ilana Brownstein, Deborah Cullinan, Olga Garay-English, Matthew Glassman, Rachel Grossman, Michelle Hensley, Melanie Joseph, Fran Kumin, Todd London, Kirk Lynn, Jonathan McCrory, Bonnie Metzgar, Diane Ragsdale, Michael Rohd, and José Luis Valenzuela.