We're Hiring an Associate Producer!
Do you know and love HowlRound Theatre Commons, and want to be part of stewarding our free and open platform? You could be our next associate producer!
We are looking for our newest team member and collaborator: a lover of the arts with a background in arts administration or event producing who relishes the opportunity to work for a values-aligned organization.
As the HowlRound associate producer, you will work closely with the producer and the rest of the team to support the operations of HowlRound’s online projects and in-person gatherings. You will help us engage our community more deeply, locally and globally. You will help shape the trajectory of our work and the organization itself.
HowlRound was founded in 2011, and we’re still evolving! We are a dedicated and passionate staff of six based in the Office of the Arts at Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts. Emerson College is internationally recognized as the nation’s premier institution of higher learning devoted to communication and the arts.
The desired start date for this position is 17 August 2020 and this position requires residency in or relocation to Boston.
Applications will be accepted through 1 June
- Support the HowlRound journal through managing communications with contributors to the HowlRound platform including creating and coding contracts, tracking calendar deadlines for articles and author payment status, and editing as needed
- Support the management of the National Playwright Residency Program
- Support producing convenings and in-person events, and provide continued support after the gatherings
- Support HowlRound TV through livestreaming and outreach
- Serve as primary liaison with the HowlRound advisory council
- Project manage special initiatives as they arise in partnership with the HowlRound team
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of and/or deep appreciation for the transformative power of theatre and performance
- Demonstrated alignment with HowlRound’s core values
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, detail oriented, computer proficient, and adaptable
- Experience producing theatre, conferences, and/or other live events
- 1-2 years in the arts or not-for-profit sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience copy editing to a style guide and providing content direction
- Working knowledge and understanding of HowlRound’s place in the theatre landscape
- Knowledge of and passion for commons-based approaches
- Contracting experience
- Project management experience
- Experience working one on one with artists to achieve their vision
HowlRound and Emerson College Are Committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. People of color, LGBTQIA+people, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $51,100 and a comprehensive benefits package. Find out more about benefits.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in this position, your resume, and three references with email and phone contact information through the Emerson College website. Applications are due by 1 June 2020.