Livestreamed on this page on Friday 22 March and Saturday 23 March 2019.
The Arts Equity Summit
A three-day summit and arts-integrated experience examining issues of equity both in, and through, the arts.
Arts Connect International presented the Arts Equity Summit livestreamed on the global, commons-based peer produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv on Friday 22 March and Saturday 23 March 2019.
Friday 22 March: Art
We’ll kick things off with a huge community celebration featuring QTPOC+ and intergenerational artists. Join us for community, art, connection and co-creation.
Welcome & Performances
3 p.m. - 7 p.m. PDT (San Francisco) / 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. CDT (Chicago) / 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. EDT (Boston)
Saturday 23 March: Connection
An incredible morning keynote is followed by an action packed day of break-out workshops, panel discussions and town-hall style meetings. The day is capped off by a community happy hour.
Saturday Opening Keynote
6 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. PDT (San Francisco) / 8 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. CDT (Chicago) / 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. EDT (Boston)
- Museum Welcome: Tsugumi Maki, ICA COO
- ACI Welcome: Marian Brown, ACI Executive Director
- Performance 1: Abilities Dance
- Speaker Intro: Shreyas Navare, ACI Board Member
- Land Recognition & Speaker 1: Jason Lujan, Mixed-Media artist
- Speaker 2: Hyppolite Ntiguirwa, Everyday Peace Artist, Founder of the Hyppolite for Peace Foundation
- Speaker 3: Kaisha Johnson, Founder of Women of Color in the Arts
- Performance 2: Quisol - #LatinX Future
Saturday Closing Keynote
12:45 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. PDT (San Francisco) / 2:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. CDT (Chicago) / 3:45 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. EDT (Boston)
- Welcome from ACI: Meena Malik, ACI Board Member
- Mayor’s Office of Arts & Culture Remarks: Kara Elliot-Ortega, Chief of Arts & Culture
- Poetry perspectives:
- Paine the Poet, Ny’lasia Brown, Ally Ang, Tamiko Beyer
- Introduced by: Bianca Tylek of the Corrections Accountability Project
- Closing Fireside Keynote Chat, Featuring:
- Aysha Upchurch - Dancing Diplomat
- Dr. Antonio Cuyler - Florida State University
- Pawlet Brookes - CEO of Serendipity Dance
- Kim-Marie Spence - Cultural Scholar
- Moderated by: Dr. Jennifer Bailey
About HowlRound TV
HowlRound TV is a global, commons-based peer produced, open access livestreaming and video archive project stewarded by the nonprofit HowlRound. HowlRound TV is a free and shared resource for live conversations and performances relevant to the world's performing arts and cultural fields. Its mission is to break geographic isolation, promote resource sharing, and to develop our knowledge commons collectively. Participate in a community of peer organizations revolutionizing the flow of information, knowledge, and access in our field by becoming a producer and co-producing with us. Learn more by going to our participate page. For any other queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Vijay Mathew at +1 917.686.3185 Signal/WhatsApp. View the video archive of past events.