Livestreamed on this page Thursday 20 June to Saturday 22 June 2013 6 a.m. PDT / 8 a.m. CDT / 9 a.m. EDT
CityWrights: A Professional Weekend for Playwrights at the City Theatre
- When Does A Playwright Need A Lawyer? Valuable information for playwrights on issues of rights, protection and legal representation. Moderator: Kelly Melchiondo. Dave Faux (Dramatists Guild), Laura Bruney (Arts & Business Council, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts Miami).
- All About Samuel French. Led by Amy Marsh. Getting Published, E-Publishing, the Samuel French Institute and Samuel French’s off-off Broadway Festival. With SF Playwrights Robert Caisley, Matt Hoverman, Deborah Yarchun & Steve Yockey.
- Where Writers Develop Work (Round Table). David Bar Katz—LABryinth Theatre Company, Lauren Gunderson—Primary Stages, Tina Howe—The Lark, Sheri Wilner & Leslie Ayvazian—Writing Groups. Moderator: Nan Barnett.
- Importing Talent: Immigration Issues in the Arts. Attorneys Glenn Rissman and Michael Benchetrit
- When Does a Lawyer Need a Playwright? Telling Your Story & Presenting It Well. The Act of Communication In Court. Robert Caisley, Playwright, Geri Satin, Consultant, Gail Garrisan, Stage Director.
- Don’t Be A Floozy: The Author Bill of Rights—Dave Faux
- Is It A Screen/Play? A Panel on Writing for the Stage, Screen & Internet. Leslie Ayvazian, David Bar Katz, Steve Yockey, Bruce Miller. Moderator: Robert Caisley
- Meet the Masters Panel: DGF Traveling Masters Rachel Routh & Tina Howe. CityWrights Masters Lauren Gunderson & Steve Yockey. Moderated by Nan Barnett.
- Round Table with the Summer Shorts Festival Playwrights Leslie Ayvazian, Kendra Blevins, Holly Hepp-Galvan, Matt Hoverman, David Bar Katz, Nina Mansfield, Sheri Wilner, Steve Yockey. Moderators: John Manzelli & Susi Westfall
- Selected Readings from National Finalist, and Excerpts from Matt Hoverman’s Broadway Bound play
- Inside the National New Play Network with Nan Barnett, Steve Yockey, Robert Caisley, Ricky Martinez (New Theatre)
- Women’s Voices Heard: Tina Howe & Sheri Wilner
- Wrighters Block: Creating the Solo Show with Matt Hoverman
HowlRound TV is a global, commons-based peer produced, open access livestreaming and video archive project stewarded by the nonprofit HowlRound. HowlRound TV is a free and shared resource for live conversations and performances relevant to the world's performing arts and cultural fields. Its mission is to break geographic isolation, promote resource sharing, and to develop our knowledge commons collectively. Participate in a community of peer organizations revolutionizing the flow of information, knowledge, and access in our field by becoming a producer and co-producing with us. Learn more by going to our participate page. For any other queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Vijay Mathew at +1 917.686.3185 Signal/WhatsApp. View the video archive of past events.