A Call for Commons Producers
- Commons Producers will produce content that tracks residency activity in their community. This will entail commissioning artists to write, conducting interviews, videorecording and livestreaming activities, promoting activity on the New Play Map, and more.
- Commons Producers will report to the CTC.
- The CTC will help facilitate the integration of the work of the Commons into the life of the Playwright Residency and the hosting theater in their community.
- Produced content could include HowlRound articles, blog posts, #NEWPLAY TV broadcasts, and participation on The New Play Map.
- All Commons producers will be hired on a one-year contract beginning March 1, 2013 (renewable for up to three years).
- Each Commons Producer will receive a fee of $2,000 annually per residency documented.
For a full Commons Producer job description, click here. Applications are due no later than February 1, 2013. To download an application, click here. We are committed to fostering and developing a Commons-based approach to advancing the health and impact of the nonprofit theater, and we are enthusiastic to have Commons Producers join us in this endeavor. We can't wait to share what we learn with all of you!