We’re Hiring! Are You The Next HowlRound Fellow?
Are you passionate and curious about theatre? Are you looking to start your career with hands-on experience in a creative environment, with multi-faceted responsibilities? You might be a great fit for the HowlRound team!
The next HowlRound fellow is a quick learner, deep thinker, and driven individual who wants to take the next step in their education by diving into the work of stewarding a knowledge commons by and for the international theatre community. They will work closely with the other four members of the staff in our Boston office (Carl, Jamie, Vijay, and Ramona), as well as regularly communicate with journal authors, livestream producers, Latinx Theatre Commons members, and many others.
HowlRound’s work is constantly shifting and evolving, so different days hold many different responsibilities and opportunities. The Fellow may be editing a journal article in the morning, brainstorming the next iteration of the World Theatre Map in the afternoon, and livestreaming a panel the next day! It’s imperative that the Fellow be organized, self-motivated and flexible—but most importantly, that they’re excited by the opportunity to work closely with a team and think broadly and creatively about the organization and the broader theatre community as a whole.
We’re also looking for someone to shares and is excited by our values:
- Generosity and abundance—all are welcome and necessary
- Community and collaboration over isolation and competition
- Counter-cultural ideas and leading-edge research that challenges—and seeks to revolutionize—the status quo
- Diverse aesthetics and the evolution of forms of theatre practice
- Visibility and accessibility for underrepresented theatre communities and practices
- Global connection—local communities becoming global practice
- Timely discourse—work that addresses the most pressing issues of our time. Currently, we see those issues as climate change, migration, and racial, gender, and class equity.
This is a full-time, hourly paid position with a full benefits package. It’s a one-year contract, renewable for a second year upon mutual agreement. Our office is at Emerson College in Boston, MA. Click here to read the full job description and apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and are due no later than Monday, April 24, 2017. We will interview the weeks of May 1 and May 8, and will make an offer in mid-May. The position start date is July 6, 2017. We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, including candidates of color, LBGTQ+ candidates, and women, to apply!